Off-Page Optimization Must-Haves
These are links directed to a particular website. They are also known as inward links or inbound links. Search links like Google use them for SEO (Search Engine Optimization) especially if they have several quality backlinks.
They are considered relevant when giving result pages for queries. The quality of backlinks indicates the importance of the page or its popularity meaning they determine the web page rank.
How Google ranks websites
As a website owner, you can wonder how your competitor’s website ranks higher than yours. This is determined by factors that are calculated by Google’s algorithm.
- Links– Have as many quality links as possible that point to your page. Quality links are from other popular pages that have more links. Keep in mind that a quality backlink is important than many low-quality links. Make sure that all of your links are indexed.
- Keyword– Using words in the links pointing to your page makes Google regard them as additional content on your page. It helps in increasing the relevance in the case of a search query that is using those words.
- Content– Surround your links with relevant content. This relevance makes your links more powerful. It tells Google that others in your niche see value in your websites and link to it.
- The tag title– It is the text between the HTML title tag in the top section of the web page. Always use text with your most relevant keywords to maximize your potential when using this feature. Consider adding words that you think people are likely to search for.
Common types of backlinks
- Dofollow backlinks– They are backlinks that are generated from search engine crawlers as they crawl on your site. This means when crawlers crawl, and I had initially linked back to you, that link lands on your page too hence indexing your site by generating traffic and improving your page rank.
- Nofollow backlinks– They are backlinks that have a no-follow tag. These links are ignored during a search engine crawling process. They generate traffic but do not improve your page rank.
What is anchor text
It’s the clickable and visible text in any hyperlink on a web page. It is often underlined and blue in color. It helps link to another location or a document in the specific web. When an anchor text is used correctly, it positively impacts your Google ranking for the phrases in the keywords in the search engines.
Building backlinks gradually
Creating backlinks might be time-consuming and tedious, but the most important aspect is to make sure you build quality backlinks that are helpful for your site. This can be done by giving your audience the best which will be worth linking to. There are also sites that facilitate the building of links as long as you provide them with quality content.
Tiers 1 are the links that point to the main website while tier 2 are links pointing to your tier 1 links. In other words, it is the building of multiple tiers of links targeting a site that will consist of layers of backlinks pointing to the target site.